Subject: Re: retrying a pkg_comp build?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/08/2006 09:40:41
  When I do a mass pkg_comp build, often something fails.  Sunday, for
  example, kdelibs3 wouldn't build because of a pcre problem; today,
  htdig failed because htdig.org was *very* slow and the ftp timed out.
  How do I retry the build *without* recompiling everything?

I have

DEPENDS_TARGET=package
UPDATE_TARGET=package

in /etc/mk.conf.include, which is copied to my chroot.  I do "pkg_chk
-a -s -k" in the chroot, and just run it again later if it doesn't
complete, often after fixing a package, or a distfile fetching issue.

I realize you are talking about making an AUTO_PACKAGES list, and I
haven't tried that.  I think I only put pkg_chk in that variable.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>