Subject: retrying a pkg_comp build?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2006 16:56:24
When I do a mass pkg_comp build, often something fails.  Sunday, for
example, kdelibs3 wouldn't build because of a pcre problem; today,
htdig failed because htdig.org was *very* slow and the ftp timed out.
How do I retry the build *without* recompiling everything?

What I did yesterday was to see what packages I had in packages/All and
put them in AUTO_PACKAGES.  That's annoying and slow, because I don't
need to do that for everything there; even KDE doesn't require every
package we've got (though it comes close at times....).

Is there a better way?  Or should I just give up on 'pkg_comp auto'?