Subject: building kde3 under pkg_comp?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2006 23:03:01
I'm trying to build kde3 under pkg_comp.  When building kdelibs3, I'm
seeing the following error:

checking for pcre-config... /usr/pkg/bin/pcre-config
configure: error: You're missing libpcre.
Download libpcre from http://www.pcre.org or find a binary package for your plat
form.
Alternatively, you can specify --disable-pcre, but some web pages - using regula
expressions in Javascript code - will not work correctly, the regexp support bei
ng
quite limited if libpcre isn't present.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs3

In the chroot area, I see it:

# pkg_info pcre
Information for pcre-6.5:

Comment:
Perl Compatible Regular Expressions library

PCRE is a Perl compatible library of regular expressions.  They
are based on a completely separate code-base from Henry Spencers
originals.  It has been designed to make efficient use of memory
for compiled regex's.

Homepage:
http://www.pcre.org/

This is with up-to-date pkgsrc (HEAD) as of this morning, running on
3.0.