Subject: Re: Updating other people's packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/04/2006 11:10:24
David Brownlee wrote:
>     If a package is owned by tech-pkg its available for anyone
>     to update, but if it has a maintainer then its considered
>     poilte to notify them before updating it. This can act as

By sheer coincidence I faced this question last night (just before
seeing this message) w.r.t. a pkgsrc-wip package. What I wound up
doing was a kind of compromise that seemed reasonable - I committed
my changes as a /branch/ on the package, and then sent a note to the
maintainer about the branch. I heard this morning from the maintainer,
who did not seem to be offended. :)

-Chap