Subject: Mozilla Seamonkey in pkgsrc-wip
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/01/2006 20:39:48
Hello,

I've imported Mozilla Seamonkey in pkgsrc-wip (actually, I "upgraded" the
www/mozilla 1.7.12 package to Seamonkey 1.0).

 ``The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to deliver production-
   quality releases of code derived from the application formerly known as
   "Mozilla Application Suite". Whereas the main focus of the Mozilla
   Foundation is on Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird, our group of
   dedicated volunteers works to ensure that you can have "everything but
   the kitchen sink" (a web browser, mail client, HTML composer, address
   book, IRC client and calendar), and have it stable enough for corporate
   use.''

There are two packages: seamonkey (for gtk2) and seamonkey-gtk1.  Two
seamonkey-bin packages (for gtk1 and gtk2 based linux binaries) will be
added later.

Now the questions: do we want Seamonkey in pkgsrc?  In that case, will we
continue maintaining the (deprecated) Mozilla Suite packages, or will we
drop them?  (We could keep the pkgsrc/www/mozilla dir for stuff shared
across the different mozilla packages.)

Enjoy,

	Geert