Subject: Re: Removing teTeX1 package (and dependencies)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2006 11:20:48
--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> wrote:
=20
> Is there a point in keeping the old teTeX versions?

I've been one to point out that teTeX2 is not entirely backwards
compatible with teTeX1, and that some documents can not be compiled
without modifications using teTeX2 that used to work with teTeX1.

Since some of my users used to have such files, I've usually opposed the
removal of teTeX1.  But since I recently forced teTeX2 on them, I don't
care anymore. :-)  I say, good riddance.

(Other people might, though.)

-Jan

--=20
Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc--