Subject: Re: xfixes problem
To: Daniel Bento <danielbento@overdestiny.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/2006 09:43:44
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Daniel Bento wrote:

> during the installation of xcursor...
> The error is this:
>
> checking for xfixes... Package xfixes was not found in the pkg-config
> search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xfixes.pc'
> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'xfixes' found
> configure: error: Library requirements (xfixes) not met; consider
> adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are
> in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them. *** Error code 1

It looks like you have both native Xfixes and pkgsrc x11/Xfixes installed.
I am guessing the pkgsrc/x11/Xfixes/builtin.mk detects native version so
doesn't create a symlink for the xfixes.pc (for buildlinking).

The pkgsrc/x11/Xfixes/builtin.mk detects this.

I think there is a similar issue in PR 31086
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=31086

I think if the X11_TYPE is not native then it should never detect and use
the native found version. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Or maybe a pkg-config .pc file should be generated (if needed)?

As a work-around try setting PREFER.Xfixes=pkgsrc or
PREFER_PKGSRC+=Xfixes in your mk.conf file (and do a make clean in
x11/xcursor) and try again.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/