Subject: Re: package directory naming (and renaming devel/swig to devel/swig11)
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2006 11:09:46
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> writes:

> Another question: Why do we have swig and swig-build?
> Doesn't the latter suffice?

Once the python m2crypto stuff moves to swig13, the swig-*
packages (i think -build, -python, and -perl) should die.

I created the swig-* packages because the new swig required by
subversion had separate build and run-time components.
py-subversion only needed to depend on swig-python, for example.
I was going to make a swig meta-package and move swig to swig1.1,
but hit a snag and never got back to it.

Current swig has no run-time components whatsoever, hence swig13.

Thanks for looking into this!

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@NetBSD.org