Subject: Re: using pkg rc.d scripts
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/02/2006 12:25:08
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 07:59:55AM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:

> well, I want them under ${PREFIX}, so for example, maybe I'll
> someday have a nfs ${PREFIX} solution.
>
> but wherever, what options are there to start them up?
>
> is there a consensus? or do people typically set PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS
> or something else?

PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS has to be set to YES for it to do anything at all. the
correct way to have them placed in your preferred directory is to set
RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR, as salo pointed out. this ensures that they are
installed and removed correctly, whether you are building from source
or building binary packages.

this is separate from how you start them. you can start them however
you like, but it differs per platform as each platform has a different
way of invoking things on bootup.

grant.