Subject: upgrading nmh-1.0.4 to nmh-1.2.1?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/23/2005 18:06:08
Hello.

After five years a new stable nmh release will be available.  It has
a lot of improvements in both functionality and documentation, and it is
even more clean than the old stable release.  Some binaries has been
moved from ~/lib (~/libexec in NetBSD) to ~/bin as these files were
useful for end-users, some files has been removed (e.g., a header file,
tmac.h, was installed in ~/etc in nmh-1.0.4 and has been removed now),
and documentation has been greatly improved.

I would suggest upgrading nmh in pkgsrc from the current release (1.0.4)
to nmh-1.2.1 once it is available[*].

[*] we have discovered a bug that breaks building nmh-1.2 in both
    NetBSD and OpenBSD just after being released.  A fix has been
    developed in the last days and nmh-1.2.1 will be released very soon.

      http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2005/12/21/0006.html
      http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2005/12/21/0007.html
      http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2005/12/21/0009.html

I think that this upgrade will be good for all nmh users, but I believe
that more knowledgable people can provide better feedback here and
help choosing the right decision about the upgrade.

I can post a complete changelog if required.  Source is available at
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/nmh/ (sorry, no FTP
available this time), but it is nmh-1.2 yet, nmh-1.2.1 will be
available for download very soon.  Perhaps in a week or so.

Cheers,
Igor.