Subject: Re: cannot enable fast-cgi lang/php5
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: dixie <dixieml@imap.cc>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/23/2005 17:23:10
joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 04:38:01PM +0100, dixie wrote:
>

>>The point is that defining PKG_OPTIONS.php as "fastcgi" or either
>>leaving the default "cgi" results in php being built as (cli) and not as
>>(cgi-fgci).
>>

>I can't reproduce this. It is building php with FastCGI support
>correctly. What exactly did you use to set the option?
>
>Joerg

I used "# setenv PKG_OPTIONS.php fastcgi" resulting in:

===> Extracting for php-5.1.1nb2
The supported build options for this package are:

        cgi fastcgi inet6 ssl

The currently selected options are:

        fastcgi inet6 ssl

You can select which build options to use by setting
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or the following variable.  Its current value is shown:

        PKG_OPTIONS.php = fastcgi

Deprecated variable USE_INET6 set to YES, use
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=inet6
instead.

Once installed giving php -v it shows:

PHP 5.1.1 (cli) (built: Dec 23 2005 16:52:56)
Copyright (c) 1997-2005 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2005 Zend Technologies

Anyway www/lighttpd wants --fast-cgi to be set and also
--enable-force-cgi-redirect as configure options, which in
pkgsrc are
handled by two different variables.

Thank you for the fast response :)

--