Subject: BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED and SDL for aalib change
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2005 20:32:14
It appears the BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED bump was missed for SDL's
buildlink3.mk file for the aalib-x11 removal. Although the cvs log file
mentions it. Was this intentional?

I am trying to understand the BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED bumps for the
aalib-x11 removal. Is this to force so programs will not end up using both
libaa and libaa-x11 at same time?

Related, the smpeg and SDL_sound packages should DEPEND on aalib since the
library is NEEDED directly (as shown by objdump). (Maybe other packages
need to be checked also.) I can fix these after the freeze.

I reverted the BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED bumps for SDL_sound and smpeg in my
own tree for testing.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/