Subject: Re: sitedrivenby.gif (was Re: www/thttpd build error - not sure of correct fix)
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/19/2005 20:04:39
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu> writes:

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Thoughts, a bit complex perhaps:
> >  add a netbsd-logo package that puts logos in /usr/pkgsrc/share
>
> I like that idea... all the xdm-clones (from KDE, GNOME, ...) could
> make use of that, too. Maybe not call it *netbsd*-logos ...

What I meant is to have a number packages foo-logo that each install
logos for FooOS.  Thus, by including os-logo.mk, one would depend on
the current platform's logo package, but one could install more.
There could also be support to set variables to various size and type
images (powered by foo, basic foo logo).

This is all complex, but until something like this happens I'd be
inclined to have thttpd etc. continue to install a NetBSD logo, rather
than drop the logo install entirely.  While pkgsrc runs many places, I
view NetBSD as the prime platform and worthy of special treatment in
such areas that don't really matter except for PR - it's not like
anyone seriously runs thttpd from the installed files.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>