Subject: pkg_chk broken on DragonFly?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/18/2005 07:16:13
Since I updated to pkg_chk 1.63.1 I notice that 'pkg_chk -i' flags
every newly installed/updated package as out-of-date, including
itself.  For example:

# pkg_chk -i
arts-1.5.0: version mismatch - arts-1.5.0

It correctly flags truly outdated packages also, however.

I suspect that this bug may be related to DragonFly's use
of FBSD portage in the past, which uses the /var/db/pkg
directory.  That is the reason I chose to use a different
directory, /var/db/pkgsrc, and I left the old directory
in place because I was trying to use both portage and
pkgsrc for a while.

I notice that both of those directory names are hard-coded
into the pkg_chk script, so I suspect this is where my
problem is, but I dunno.

Why does pkg_chk use both /var/db/pkg and /var/db/pkgsrc,
and is there a workaround for this (apparent) conflict
with portage?

Thanks.