Subject: Downloading via cvs?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2005 00:39:35
Hi,

I'm looking at the BOINC software from Berkeley, and it appears from
my casual browsing that they only make tarballs of their "-current"
sources available via http fetch (I'll ask for confirmation whether
that's the case), while if you want one of their releases, you have to
download the source via cvs, using one of their release tags.

Do we have a way to deal with this form of downloading in pkgsrc?

If not, how do we work around it?  Pull the requisite version down via
cvs and put it in the distfiles directory on ftp.NetBSD.org?

Best regards,

- H=E5vard