Subject: Re: cd to The following selected options are not supported: prefix-cmds.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/15/2005 16:19:02
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>> Why does the PKG_FAIL_REASON become a (unquoted) pkgsrc package directory
>> name?
>
> I don't know if it is in same place, but why does bsd.pkg.mk output this to
> stdout instead of stderr?
>
>        @for str in ${PKG_FAIL_REASON} ${PKG_SKIP_REASON}; do           \
>                ${ECHO} "${_PKGSRC_IN}> $$str";                         \
>        done
>

> Is this just for the ordering of output?
>
> What can we do to make sure that this output doesn't pollute other routines
> (as shown in my previous email in this thread)?

I tried having that go to 1>&2. Now show-all-depends-dirs will show my
error first, but then follows with new errors.

montecristo:/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/gwenview$ bmake show-all-depends-dirs
===> The following selected options are not supported: prefix-cmds.
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: ../../*jeremy: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: ../../Error: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: ../../code: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: ../../1: No such file or directory
print/papersize fonts/ghostscript-fonts print/psutils
print/ghostscript-gnu graphics/netpbm security/libgpg-error textproc/groff
x11/xextensions x11/randrext graphics/lcms devel/automake devel/autoconf
x11/Xrender misc/xorg-dirs devel/flex devel/bison security/libgcrypt
devel/ncurses 1 code Error *** x11/fltk archivers/unzip wip/alsa-lib

    LOOK right above at " 1 code Error ***"

pkgsrc has many outputs of "***" I don't know where this came from.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/