Subject: Re: Preliminary patch for Linux emulation
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.dez.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/2005 15:29:53
joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:

> This part is handled by emulators/suse_linux/Makefile.application.
> I want to keep it was single place to enumerate availability of
> Linux support. If someone from OpenBSD tests the packages and wants to
> support it, he can add it to that file as well.

Ok, I should have read it completely :-)

I have grown used to the (bad ?) habit of looking for ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM
to judge whether a package is meant for a specific platform and you
seem to to change this meaning of the variable. Before, it meant to me

  If the triple OPSYS-OS_VERSION-MACHINE_ARCH matches ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM
  the package will build on this platform.

Your patch will change this to

  If the triple OPSYS-OS_VERSION-MACHINE_ARCH matches ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM
  the package will build on this platform, provided there will be no
  more constraints elsewhere (like suse_linux/Makefile.application).

If we really change this meaning it deserves a clear explanation in
the pkgsrc guide.

ciao
     Klaus