Subject: Re: PKGREVISION for Makefile.common
To: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/08/2005 13:23:03
Roland Illig wrote:

> recently we had a discussion about introducing something like
> PKGREVISION for Makefile.common. Today I have noticed that this kind of
> thing would be really useful, as it is a tedious task to find out all
> packages that use a specific file.

I'm sorry I missed the discussion, but isn't this just a matter of
documentation?  The Makefile.common file could easily have comments at
the top of the file indicating which package Makefile include it.  I
remember doing this for several packages that I've maintained in the
past, and it worked very well.

I don't think I want even more magic for determining the package name,
as it gets kind of complex as it is.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>