Subject: Re: sunpro and -xarch=v9 on Solaris 10
To: Steven Gurr <Steven.Gurr@Sun.COM>
From: None <segv@netctl.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2005 21:51:49
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:03:49 +0000
Steven Gurr <Steven.Gurr@Sun.COM> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same
> error. My updated mk.conf is included below:
>
> PKGSRC_COMPILER=sunpro
> CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
> CXX=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC
>
> PKGSRC_CFLAGS+=-xO3 -xarch=v9
> PKGSRC_CXXFLAFS+=-xO3 -xarch=v9
> COPTS+=${PKGSRC_CFLAGS}
> CFLAGS+=${PKGSRC_CFLAGS}
> CXXFLAGS+=${PKGSRC_CXXFLAGS}
>
> Does that look alright? I did a bmake clean before rebuilding this
> package, to be sure that there wouldn't be any problems.
>
> Thanks

Well, when building 32/64 bit packages, they should go into different
directories, i.e.

/opt/pkg for all 32-bit packages, and
/opt/pkg64 for all 64-bit packages

because 64-bit applications need to be linked to 64-bit libraries

I've just found out that you need to set the following variable in your mk.conf
to build 64-bit binaries

ABI=64

It is used by mk/compiler/sunpro.mk file, that has the following line

_COMPILER_ABI_FLAG.64=  -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9

which I replaced with

_COMPILER_ABI_FLAG.64=  -xtarget=native64

since I'm not gonna run my binaries on anything other than UltraSparc II