Subject: Re: Please test bootstrap
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2005 18:42:42
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I read your message as "I just broke the bootstrap procedure, and need help
> to get it fixed". If that's not what you intended to say, then please ignore
> my message.

Sorry it was unclear. I have been successfully using this new bootstrap on
Linux, NetBSD and DragonFly using source from pkgsrc/devel/bmake/files
since around September 15 (and I posted to tech-pkg about it).

I provided a list of fixes from out-dated bmake from bootstrap for real
bmake to Simon and he updated his tarball as was appropriate. The fixes
for Interix, Irix, OSF1 and others should be there.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/