Subject: Re: dspam daemon mode
To: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2005 22:31:41
On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 21:44 +0000, Adrian Portelli wrote:
> Matt Dainty wrote:
>
> > The example dspam rc.d script tries to run as the dspam user which
> > doesn't work, as running:
> >
> > su -m dspam -c 'sh -c "/usr/pkg/bin/dspam --daemon 2>&1 &"'
> >
> > (which is essentially the startup command with the "> /dev/null"
> > redirection removed)
> >
> > gives the single error before exiting:
> >
> > 23777: [10/30/2005 20:44:10] empty message (no data received)
> >
> > If I just start up dspam in daemon mode as root, it appears to work as
> > expected.
> >
> > Matt
> >

> Hi Matt,
>
> What's your ServerPort setting in dspam.conf ?

Hi Adrian,

ServerPort is currently not defined, instead I'm using the default:

ServerDomainSocketPath "/tmp/dspam.sock"

as it's all running on the same machine. I've tried using ServerPort
instead, with either a privileged or unprivileged port with no luck. If
I start it as root, out of the three, I can't bind to a privileged port,
(obviously enough).

Matt