Subject: Re: java download drama
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/22/2005 01:23:24
> 1) I wonder if that downloading could be automated (ISTR it used to be,
>    and it would be really nice after I've already ACK'd the license

(can't answer this one (whether it is allowed by the license), I only know
that FreeBSD ports is doing the same thing)

> 2) The download instructions aren't clear at all. The first URL
>    doesn't show a JDK 1.5 anywhere, the second one only gives a
>    jdk-1_5_0_*04*-linux-i586.bin but no *05*.

It is under "JDK 5.0 Update 5" on the first URL[1]. When Update 6 is
release I presume it will be moved to the archive (the second URL).

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org