Subject: Re: OOo2-bin on 2.1_RC5/i386: barf
To: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2005 20:31:25
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Michael Rauch wrote:
>> [Java framework] Error in function createUserSettingsDocument
>> (elements.cxx).
>
> That's the only one that worries me. Just before that line in the kdump
> it is trying to access /emul/linux/home/feyrer/.openoffice.org2 and
> seems to get EACCES (Permission denied). Does that directory exist and
> what are its permissions?

I don't have such a directory.
And it seems it's not created?!

After creating it manually, some things get created inside it, but the
same error box ("The application cnanot be started / An internal error
occurred / [OK]") appears, but ``I18N: Operating system doesn't support
locale "en_US"'' is the last line on the console now.

I've placed a new ktrace at www.feyrer.de/Misc/OOo2-ktrace2.txt.bz2.

I don't see any EACCES in either file. What I do see are many JUSTRETURN
things, and I have no idea what that means:

  11742 soffice.bin CALL  open(0x4ae0db90,0,0x124)
  11742 soffice.bin NAMI  "/emul/linux/home/feyrer/.openoffice.org2/user/psprint/pspfontcache"
  11742 soffice.bin NAMI  "/home/feyrer/.openoffice.org2/user/psprint/pspfontcache"
  11742 soffice.bin RET   open JUSTRETURN

  - Hubert