Subject: Re: openoffice2-bin and java
To: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2005 15:52:00
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 03:30:28PM +0200, Michael Rauch wrote:
> hmm, given the comment "# make sure we can find `whoami` on solaris" we
> probably need the wrapper files/soffice also for the java-less case.  (at
> least as soon as Solaris is working).  What about adding -e
> "s|@@PKG_JVM@@|${PKG_JVM}|g;" to the sed command and wrapping the PATH
> setting with an
>   if [ -n "@@PKG_JVM@@" ]; then
>     PATH=${PATH}:@@JAVA_HOME@@
>   fi
> (which avoids a spurious colon in the PATH)?

Maybe it's better to patch the Solaris whoami thing into the
${PREFIX}/openoffice.org${OO_VER}/program/soffice script?  Just to keep
things more clearly separated.  This also gives users a chance to startup a
working OOo session without Java, by directly invoking the program/soffice
script.

> > with this options.mk:
> > [...]
> > PKG_JVMS_ACCEPTED=	sun-jdk13 sun-jdk14 sun-jdk15
>
> blackdown-jdk13 should be fine as well, as it's based on the SUN
> sources.

Ok.

	Geert