Subject: Re: openoffice2 PKGNAME
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2005 13:34:59
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 01:21:11PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > IF they can be made parallel, that's fine. Right now, they conflict.
> > So either way of fixing is fine for me, but the current situation is
> > buggy.
>
> Hm, it's not as easy as I initially thought, with this network of symlinked
> scripts calling each other, looking at their $0 and so on.  It would end up
> with files under ${PREFIX}/openoffice.org2.0/ being renamed, too, and then
> it's probably not worth the trouble anymore.  Any thoughts?

I don't think it's worth the effort to make it possible to install both
at the same time. OOo 2.0's functionality is a superset of OOo 1.1.5's,
and I'm not aware of any fundamental problems where the old version
would work but the new one wouldn't.
Currently we still need the openoffice-bin package for Solaris, but as
soon as this in openoffice2-bin I'm planning to remove the
openoffice-bin package (and rename the openoffice2-bin to
openoffice-bin, or does anyone think this is confusing, because the
source package will still stay at 1.1.5 for some time.)

With regard to the PKGNAME, I'm going to fix this in a minute.

Cheers

Michael