Subject: Re: QT4
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/17/2005 13:14:12
> hi list,
>
> I was bored yesterday so i downloaded qt4 and compiled it.
>
> Works out of the box, all i had to do was specify a prefix and where to
> find the X libraries at runtime.

Same as me. From technical point of view, manually compiled Qt4 works fine for
me on NetBSD-current/i386 since their first rc1. So i don't see any problems
to run Qt4 except packaging issues.

> Is anyone allready working on a package? If not i'll have a bash at it.

I have tried to make Qt4 package two or three times same as they are done for
Qt3, but I found tons of problems with Qt4's home grown configure and qmake.
For now I can present only "qt4-full" package which includes all parts of Qt4
with demos, examples and so on :(

// wbr