Subject: Re: print/teTeX distfiles and pkgtools/x11-links fail
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/16/2005 20:04:27
On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 12:51:14AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 06:47:29PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>> The default url for tetex-texmf-2.0.2.tar.gz (a depends of
>> print/teTeX) is very slow, I stopped it and loaded the file from a
>> faster mirror to distfiles. However that wasn't noticed so I let
>> the slow download complete. Then there was a checksum error...
>> seems like the default mirror is out of sync or ...?
>
>Probably the two parallel downloads wrote to the same file,
>or similar lossage. "Don't do this" :)

I don't think _that_ happened, but it is resolved anyway.
maybe PKG_RESUME_TRANSFERS=YES ???

>> ===> Required package x11-links>=0.25: NOT found
>> ===> Verifying reinstall for ../../pkgtools/x11-links
>> make: "/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/xfree.mk" line 14: Could not find ../../x11/render/buildlink3.mk
>> make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>
>This has been fixed in the meantime, cvs update and it should be gone.

per Documentation/pkgsrc/getting.html#via-sup
I expected this sup to make my tree current...

# rm /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/xfree.mk
# sup /usr/share/examples/supfiles/sup.netbsd.org
SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file /usr/share/examples/supfiles/sup.netbsd.org at Oct 16 18:23:46
# grep buildlink3.mk /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/xfree.mk
grep: /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/xfree.mk: No such file or directory

but cvs (Documentation/pkgsrc/getting.html#via-cvs)
does seem to do the job.

>If you want to compile teTeX3 for yourself, just go to
>/usr/pkgsrc/print/teTeX3-bin and 'make install'. Or
>pkg_add ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc-2005Q3/NetBSD-2.0/i386/All/teTeX-texmfsrc-3.0.tgz
>to add the pre-compiled binary package.

Per /usr/pkgsrc/print/teTeX/DESCR
I thought that was the best way to setup for authoring tex,
how would I to have found print/teTeX3-bin?

>I recommend reading the pkgsrc guide:
>	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/
>
>Also, this mailing list is for mail related to pkgsrc bug reports
>sent with send-pr(1), not for questions -- use tech-pkg@NetBSD.org
>for that.

Forgive me, I'm completely new to NetBSD and PKGSRC. I was
searching NetBSD Problem Reports and Documentation/pkgsrc
when I wrote. The Misc/send-pr.html page doesn't indicate it
is for PKGSRC and I thought it was only for the core OS --
also guessed the bug-id was prepended to messages posted to
pkgsrc-bugs@netbsd.org

Anyway, appreciate your help. I've deinstalled cleaned and
reinstalled x11-links and print/teTeX without any error.  The only
issue I have is why did sup fail to upgrade pkgsrc but cvs works?

(moved to tech-pkg@NetBSD.org, per request)

Thanks,
// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org