Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/x11/renderext
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/15/2005 13:14:52
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:

>> Just to let you know, "xlibs" is dead.
>
> Hm, what does that mean?

xlibs was used as a test for using autoconf/automake for various Xorg X11
"library" components. (I participated with this.)

Some of the xlibs files have not been updated for a long time.

> Is there a successor?

Modular Xorg is it. Some of it is exact copies of xlibs. Some was redone.
Some have different distfile names (like renderext versus renderproto).
And some have different versioning (dropping down to smaller number).

>> I started packaging some of these in preparation for the upcoming official
>> release.

It is still all release candidates for Xorg -- nothing official released
yet.

As for xlibs, it was not official either, but some big projects (like
Gnome) used many components of it.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
 	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/