Subject: Re: added Xara LX bin package to pkgsrc-wip
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/12/2005 19:18:17
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 05:19:24PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 05:44:04PM +0300, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:58:22 +0200
> > Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be> wrote:
> >
> > > As seen on Slashdot http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/05/10/11/2032213.shtml
> > >
> > > The Xara X vector drawing program will soon go open source (GPL), and
> > > is currently being ported to Linux and Mac.  A first (binary only)
> > > Linux demo-program is already available at http://www.xaraxtreme.org/
> > > , and I pkg'ized it in wip/xaralx-bin.
> >
> > Oh, thanks for finding it! Will give it a try!
> >
> > But hmm... seems MASTER_SITES were missed...
>
> Oh, you're right.  I must have deleted it when messing with the
> EXTRACT_SUFX stuff (.tbz2 is a non-default suffix for pkgsrc...).
>
> Anyway, it's "http://downloads.xara.com/opensource/" .

Btw, the program can't do much (yet).  Currently they have only implemented
an interface, the rendering engine, and the xar file format.  So basically
all you can do is view the examples in /usr/pkg/share/XaraLX/.  :-)  But I
thought to add it to pkgsrc-wip already so we can easily track its progress.
pkgsrc-wip is work-in-progress after all. :-)

	Geert