Subject: Re: karbon problem
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/12/2005 11:08:37
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 03:46:56PM +1300, Mark Davies wrote:
> Looks like OpenBSD fixed their ld.so to deal with this a few weeks ago but
> inside ld.so is not somewhere that I'll lightly tread.

Isn't the better fix to make KLibLoader try dlsym() on the
global handle returned by dlopen(NULL, ..) as well?

The current behaviour does not sound like a bug to me, but maybe I
misunderstood the situation.
The shared library in question does *import* the missing symbol, but
not *export* it - so dlsym() has no reason to find it in it's dlopen() handle,
IMHO.

Martin