Subject: Re: heimdal + db on linux
To: Love H?rnquist ?strand <lha@kth.se>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2005 04:50:59
On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 12:19:00PM +0200, Love H?rnquist ?strand wrote:

> Heimdal requires a DB libarary to be useful any of the gdbm, bdb1.85, bdb3,
> bdb4, ndbm is fine.
>
> How should I handle this on Linux when there the headers for the libary
> might not exist ? dependency on db4 on linux, always db4 depenency.

The security/heimdal package includes mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk, which
means that on Linux, it should be using <db1/db.h> and -ldb1 in the
base system if they both exist, or if they don't exist, then to use
databases/db4 by default.  The package should already be doing the right
thing.

Looking at pkg/31100, you can see that pkgsrc is doing the right thing.
The presence of -ldb4 in LIBS is evidence that pkgsrc is already pulling
in a db4 dependency because that bit comes from db4/buildlink3.mk.  The
PR submitter didn't give enough information to see what is going wrong
with the build on his system.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>