Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/gimp-ufraw
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2005 02:27:46
Greg Troxel wrote:
>   [graphics/gimp-ufraw]
>   This package needs a C99 compiler.
>
>   # This package uses too much C99 code to be patched.
>   GCC_REQD+=              3.0
>   BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=   rm:-std=gnu99
>
> That change looks ok; the ufraw author said as much when I pushed one
> patch into the upstream repo.  It seems like there should be a way to
> declare that a C99 compiler is needed, rather than requiring gcc.

Did I already suggest "USE_LANGUAGES+= c99"?

It would be great to use the USE_LANGUAGES variable for even more
languages. At least the variable name sounds very good for this purpose.

#USE_LANGUAGES?=   c c99 c++ perl python lua modula-3 fortran

Oh, well, let's stick to the simple things first. Only add c99 as a
language.

Roland