Subject: Re: using PKGMANDIR?
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2005 15:01:10
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> then please let me know which mechanism makes sure that man pages get installed
> in PKGMANDIR if the package does not explicitely use PKGMANDIR?
> Do GNU configure scripts typically support that environment variable out of
> the box?

Most autoconf configure scripts use --mandir which defines @mandir@ for
Makefile.in (created via automake).

pkgsrc sets CONFIGURE_ARGS for --mandir when using GNU_CONFIGURE.

Note this is not a new idea. Pkgsrc has already supported this for "info"
documentation. The main difference is that we specifically list the "info"
files by name and they are auto registered to PLIST.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/