Subject: Re: IRIX64 packages uploaded
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2005 14:05:02
--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

Stuart Shelton <stuart@zeus.com> wrote:
=20
> Out of interest, how many issues did you encounter in building these
> packages?

Quite a few, which is why the total number of packages built is << total
number of packages available. ;-)

The results of my bulk builds are sent to the pkgsrc-bulk mailinglist,
so you can find the actual breakage listed online from the links in
those postings.  (Note: I only keep around the last two bulklogs.)

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2005/10/08/0000.html

> * tiff has a problem due to stdarg.h - for some reason tiffio.h doesn't
> see the definition of va_list;

Ah, yes, I remember this one.  According to my notes
(http://www.netbsd.org/~jschauma/) I was able to work around this
(admittedly hackishly) by copying the stdarg.h and
internal/stdarg_core.h from a 6.5.23 system into place.  :-/

All the other issues you mention should best be submitted as problem
reports, especially if you have workarounds or solutions and patches!

> Did you have to modify/fix many packages to build this collection?  If
> so, will these patches be merged in-tree, or kept separate?

I try to remember to merge in my patches...

-Jan

--=20
``I still fail to understand why I should have been expected to waste
twenty-five years of my life following the progress of a beeping trash
can and a gay, gold-plated Jeeves.'' -- Anthony Lane on Star Wars III

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N--