Subject: Re: bmake and bootstrap and own.mk and MKCONF
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2005 09:24:29
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:52:25 +0200, Klaus Heinz writes:
>> Again I don't think there should be a problem with keeping this a
>> pkgsrc specific patch.
>
>At the moment, pkgsrc/bootstrap does not require a patch program on the
>target platform.

Sorry, I knew I should have used a word other than "patch".  What I
meant is that these pkgsrc specific changes should be maintained as
local changes in the pkgsrc repository.  Ie. as I understand it the
plan is to import bmake into devel/bmake/files/

Any changes that pkgsrc come up with which are generally applicable
are best fed back and applied to make or bmake as appropriate - that's
the exercise we are doing now.  But there will always be changes
needed that are specific to a project like pkgsrc and there's no
problem with that.

Thanks
--sjg