Subject: Re: openoffice2-bin package (2.0rc2)
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2005 15:55:43
On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 11:22:45AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Here's an openoffice2-bin package for the latest linux build, 2.0rc2:
>
> http://lori.mine.nu:5190/pkgsrc/openoffice2-bin.tar.gz
>
> It seems to work well, and Michael will commit this to pkgsrc soon.

Done a few minutes ago. I've changed a few minor things before
comitting, especially for the java support (see below).
Let me thank you again for submitting this updated package.

> If anyone can get this to work with a JRE, please let us know.

I've added an installation script (as the openoffice{,-bin} packages
already have) that adds the appropriate paths $PREFIX/java/*/bin and
sets "ulimit -d" to its maximum value. With these two changes I could
get it working.

This new package doesn't have Solaris support, as the installation
binaries are now in the "native packaging format". For Linux these are
RPMs and we already have rpm2pkg, but for Solaris I haven't been able to
figure out something working so far. Help in this respect would be more
than welcome.

Michael