Subject: Re: linuxpluginwrapper
To: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2005 01:33:41
On Friday 07 October 2005 01:12, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> I'm trying to port FreeBSD's "linuxpluginwrapper" package to NetBSD.  This
> little package allows binary linux plugins (e.g. flash) to be used in a
> native NetBSD browser binary (no longer need mozilla-linux!).

> I've got most parts compiled already, but one (build) problem remains:
> > compat_linux/linux_ioctl.c:43: error: conflicting types for `_oss_ioctl'
> > /usr/include/soundcard.h:309: error: previous declaration of `_oss_ioctl'

This may or may not be useful to you.  Its a port of an earlier version of
flashpluginwrapper which can be used as an LD_PRELOAD.  Note that I didn't
write it and haven't touched it in a year and a half other than Makefile
changes to reflect pkgsrc infrastructure changes.  You can grab it from:

	http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~mark/flashwrapper.tgz

cheers
mark