Subject: Re: gst-plugins depend on xine-lib?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Jake Maciejewski <maciejej@msoe.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2005 23:18:12
On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 05:30 +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:30:20 -0500
> Jake Maciejewski <maciejej@msoe.edu> wrote:
>
> > My gst-plugins-0.8.10 build failed trying to read xine.h and a few
> > other xine-related headers. I'm using a 2005-10-01 tarball on SunOS
> > 5.11 i386 (SchilliX). Adding "CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --disable-xine" to the
> > Makefile fixed the problem. I assume another possible fix would be to
> > make gst-plugins depend on xine-lib.
>
> Or maybe creating another gst-plugins pkg for xine? this should be the
> way to go...

How would users select which one they want? gst-plugins is a dependency
for gstreamer, which I suspect few people install except as a GNOME
dependency. I'm not that familiar with the pkgsrc way of doing things,
but this sounds like the sort of thing that lends itself to either a
GST_USE_XINE variable or forcing users to either build against xine or
excluding it the way I did.

--
Jake Maciejewski <maciejej@msoe.edu>