Subject: Interix/SFU and Windows hotfixes for pkgsrc
To: Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2005 00:11:57
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Todd Vierling wrote:

> > I disabled DEP using /NoExecute=OptOut, and am still having the exact same
> > issues.  I'm running on a Trasmeta Crusoe if that has any significance.
>
> There's an additional problem specifically with Win2003 SP1, it appears, and
> you have to call Microsoft to get the hotfix:

Not any more!  After careful inspection, I could not find explicit
restriction terms wrt the redistribution of hotfixes (and there are other
sites out there redistributing "private" hotfixes to no ill effect).  So, I
have opened up a hosting site specifically for SFU/Interix hotfixes that
correct critical functionality that make SFU/Interix otherwise *unusable*
when used with current Windows service packs.

    http://www.duh.org/interix/hotfixes.php

Joshua, you want hotfix 899522 specifically for the Win2k3 SP1 "Memory
fault" issue (though 899522 includes a lot of other fixes as well).  There
are also bundles of recommended hotfixes available on that page for specific
installed components of SFU.

If using pkgsrc, I recommend installing the Interix bundle and appropriate
User Name Mapping hotfix (there are different User Name Mapping hotfixes for
Win2000/XP vs. Win2003).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>