Subject: Re: openoffice build fixed
To: None <segv@netctl.net, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/04/2005 13:37:43
On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 01:11:32PM +0200, Michael Rauch wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 10:21:22AM +0100, segv@netctl.net wrote:
> > Just out of interest, do such fixes propagate to 2005Q3 branch or do we have
> > to add them manually?
>
> I'll request a pullup in a few days if no problems occur.
>
> > Also what happened to openoffice2 binary package? It does not exist in pkgsrc
> > tree anymore.
>
> It has never existed. I once posted a link to a .tar.gz containing an
> openoffice2-bin package, if you mean that. As long as OOo 2.0 is still
> in pre-release phase, I think it doesn't really make sense do add
> something to pkgsrc as the binaries are updated too often.

I think it does.  The beta binaries have distinct names, so the pkg doesn't
break all the time.  And this way people can test things already and we
will have less work when 2.0 is released.  Same for the source pacakge.  I
read you had a working source package already (depending on wip/jdk14),
could you commit this to wip also?  pkgsrc-wip is work in progress after

	Geert