Subject: Re: make update - wrong order?
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2005 16:18:08
-On [20051003 15:46], D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@NetBSD.org) wrote:
>I understand that we can do chroot jail builds, etc. but wouldn't it be
>nice if the average user could just do a "make update" and have it just
>work without being down for any length of time in the usual case?

Would my guess be correct that this:

xorg-imake-6.8.2nb2: version mismatch - xorg-imake-6.8.2nb1

in combination with make update will deinstall all X dependent packages and
do a full recompilation?

If so, it seems a bit wasteful.  On the other hand I can understand it if it
enables or disables some features which dependent packages are (not)
expecting and thus are not picked up.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.andf.info/
http://www.tendra.org/ | http://www.in-nomine.org/ | catcher@in-nomine.org
Losing your life is not the only way to die...