Subject: Re: Symlinking ruby${RUBY_VER} to ruby?
To: None <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2005 21:45:59
In message <6b2d1e190510020851x5d5eb91ep3a32d288985ce9f3@mail.gmail.com>
	on Sun, 2 Oct 2005 17:51:00 +0200,
	"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you mean lang/ruby package?  Yes it depends on specific to
> > ruby${RUBY_VER}; it creates binary package ruby-${RUBY_VER}nb2.tgz and
> > user can select to install either of ruby-1.8.2nb2.tgz or
> > ruby-1.6.8nb2 package.
>
> Aha.  But how do you get that to work with a bulk build?  Won't it build just
> a single pakcage?
Yes and I understand alternatives's merit well know (I'll prepare to
support it.)

But is it the best way to recognize existence of ruby executable on
other package's configure stage?  It cause depends on pkg_alternatives
package unless pkg_alternatives resides in base system (or pkg_install).

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>