Subject: OpenSSH dropping logins after update
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <othyro@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/02/2005 10:38:14
Hi,

After an update from openssh-3.9.1nb5 to 4.2.1, killing the sshd process,
and restarting the daemon, users can't login, and I get this error in the
console log:

$TIMESTAMP $HOSTNAME ssh[$PID]: setuid($OTHER_PID): Operation not
permitted

When I change UsePrivilegeSeparation to "no" in sshd_config, users can
login for a split second, then are given this error before being dropped:

unable to set user context: Operation not permitted

The other message described previously also appears in the console log.

I've not been able to find anything online about this error. Can anyone
please help?

TIA