Subject: Re: libtool-base on a new debian stable
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.okt.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/02/2005 10:46:37
Tim Matthews wrote:

> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Do I need to apt-get install yet something more?
>
> On Slackware, I didn't have this problem.

I do not think I encountered this problem on Debian. Almost every time
I had config/build problems they were caused by some missing header file,
a missing static library or a missing link for the longer name
(.so.X.Y) of a shared library.
Those types of files seem to be included in the *-dev packages.

Without a look at `config.log' it is hard for me to say what the
particular problem might be.

ciao
     Klaus