Subject: Re: Update of py-wxWidgets
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Min Sik Kim <minskim@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/2005 22:06:10
On Sep 29, 2005, at 9:33 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:18:45PM -0700, Min Sik Kim wrote:
>>
>> I don't think the ExmanIDE project is dead.  According to its Korean
>> homepage (http://exman.pe.kr/ExmanIDE/?lang=ko), the author seems to
>> be planning to release a new version.
>>

> Sorry, I can't read Korean. The fact that the last release is 2 years
> old and the last change in the CVS repository 8 month created that
> impression. In any case, would you mind if this package is marked as
> broken for now? The alternative would be readding wxGTK-2.4.

ExmanIDE didn't run because Berndt's py-wxWidgets disabled some
modules that should be built by default.  I modified Makefile and
PLIST to build all default modules except the "animate" module, which
cannot be built since x11/wxGTK-contrib was patched not to build the
animate library.

The updated package is available at:

     http://www.NetBSD.org/~minskim/pkgsrc/py-wxWidgets.tar.gz

ExmanIDE needs the following patch to build with py-wxWidgets>=2.6.

     http://www.NetBSD.org/~minskim/pkgsrc/patches/ExmanIDE.diff

Regards,
Min Sik Kim