Subject: Re: DFly: bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/dvd+rw-tools
To: Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/29/2005 06:12:46
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Tomaz Borstnar wrote:

> ===> Building for dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8
> c++ -g -O -pipe  -c growisofs_mmc.cpp
> In file included from growisofs_mmc.cpp:17:
> transport.hxx:1282:2: #error "Unsupported OS"
> In file included from growisofs_mmc.cpp:17:
> transport.hxx:1286: error: `Scsi_Command' was not declared in this scope

Can you check if dfports already has a fix for this?

If not can look at the transport.hxx file (and any others) to see if
around that error if it has checks for FreeBSD or any other cpp macro?

Then also search all code for "FreeBSD" to look closer?

I haven't looked at this myself, but maybe you can look in the initial
pr-build configuration to see where DragonFly can be added.

DragonFly is different from many of the operating systems we support
because most software supports builds on most of the other platforms
(including dead platforms like BSD/OS). (I am not talking about
autoconf/configure though.)

I'd encourage DragonFly users to contact the official upstream developers
also to mention they'd like DragonFly support -- as once it is
official it will make it easier in the first place.

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/