Subject: Re: installing openoffice-bin
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/12/2005 19:06:58
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 06:15:02PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> BTW, do you happen to know about OOo 2.x on NetBSD - have you tried it?

yes, although the version I've tried is now about two months old.
What I've tried was a standard build, i.e. with native java and using
the internal versions of the helper programs. There aren't that many
patches required, mostly it affects things where NetBSD itself has
changed (statfs -> statvfs and similar things).
A short function test worked, but I haven't tried anything more
complicated.
A version without java wouldn't work, but Linux people, IIRC mainly the
Debian people, were preparing patches to fix this.

Michael