Subject: Re: kdelibs3 and kerberos
To: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/10/2005 19:53:47
On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 09:59:53AM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> -On [20050910 02:52], Johnny Lam (jlam@NetBSD.org) wrote:
> >In that case, pkgsrc will install security/heimdal by default to satisfy
> >Kerberos 5 dependencies, although this can be tweaked in /etc/mk.conf by
> >setting KRB5_DEFAULT=mit-krb5.  Please see pkgsrc/mk.krb5.buildlink3.mk
> >for further details.
>
> I assume there's no problems if I add an option for building kdelibs with
> Kerberos or not?

This is just my opinion, but to be frank, when you're building something
as enormous as KDE3, building in the krb5 functionality (whatever it
may be) is probably not worth fretting over, especially when it may
affect the build of packages that may depend on kdelibs3 compiled with
krb5.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>