Subject: Re: installing openoffice-bin
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2005 19:39:19
Hi Perry,

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:42:17AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> openoffice-bin seems to overflow my /tmp/ in attempting to install.
> Is there any reasonable way to tell it to use another directory to
> unpack in?

yes, the installation binary honors the environment variables
$TMP and $TEMP (in that order) before defaulting to /tmp.
The Makefile has
TEMP?=${WRKSRC}
to get the default to a directory where we can reasonably expect
that there's some space left.
Obviously setting one of the two environment variables to /tmp
will circumvent this default.

I'm currently at work, so can't check if it still works as expected.
If it isn't the case that you have set $TMP or $TEMP in your shell,
please write me a short reply (even if it works by setting $TMP) so I
can fix the package.

Cheers,

Michael