Subject: Re: devel/zlib question - exclusion
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2005 08:46:22
Hello,

At Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:00:41 +0200,
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> To reiterate this. Both zlib and libiconv are builtins on DragonFly. For
> both, the system libraries (libz and libc) are used. A build of any
> package depending on them still wants to install them as dependency,
> without actually needing them as binary package. Let me write it the
> other way around, the binary package *doesn't* depend on devel/zlib or
> converters/libiconv, but they are still installed, when building.

On the NetBSD, I have the same problem with X11_TYPE=xorg.
I filed it as pkg/31038.  Please run the following commands in
/usr/pkgsrc/x11/randrext.

  make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_PACKAGES
  make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_BUILTIN_MK.zlib

If a result of the first command includes zlib and the second
command returns nothing, I guess the reason is same as pkg/31038.
On my system, the result is as follows:

  # cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/randrext
  # make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_PACKAGES
  xorg-libs xextensions fontconfig iconv zlib freetype2 expat
  # make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_BUILTIN_MK.zlib

  #

best regards.
--
 Kouichirou Hiratsuka